Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hooked In

God really knows how to network.

On Friday I met with Evan McBroom, who started Fishhook, an Indianapolis-based marketing/communications company that serves churches and Christian businesses.

I met him through my internship at the United Methodist Communications office. I think it was his business card that struck me most.  A sharp-edged fishing hook that seemed to jump off the card. The company's motto, "to be fishers of men" is a key aspect of their business. They help churches communicate their message from a Christ-like perspective.  

Evan and I had a great conversation about what God calls us to do. For Evan, it was to drop his nets (Matthew 4:19) and trust that God would provide. He quit his job in Corporate America and followed God's plans.

For me, I believe God is calling me to using my communication skills to be an effective leader in a faith-based setting. I don't what that looks like, but I continue to pray that God will put me where I best serve Him. 

I am thankful that God has placed people in my life to help me discern my calling.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment