Sunday, May 3, 2009

Where's the "Panic" Button?!?!?

(This post was written about a week ago, but due to a crazy week, publication has been delayed!)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Events in my life tend to be thematic. 

Today, in three different mediums, I felt like God was telling me, "Stop worrying. I have better things for you to do." God really knows how to use our human methods of communications to communicate with us!
  • Church. Well that's an obvious 'God-Channel.' Pastor Jeff said that all the worrying we do cuts us short of  - stop being scared and running away. psalm 51:17
  • Pandora.com. This is a pretty great invention. I typed in 'Michelle Branch' as a music station, and it popped up with Jason Mraz's 'The Remedy (I won't worry my life away).' Pretty ironic? God doesn't want me wasting my energy on the trivial or inevitable.
  • Cory Matthews from the '90s sitcom  "Boy meets World" - In the episode "Risky Business" Cory discovers the thrill of betting on horses, and in doing so risks losing his little sister whom he promised to babysit. 
Do I think God uses these ways to communicate with us? Sure. He's always trying to tell us something, but he's obviously not going to come over a loudspeaker and spell it all out for us. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment